Home > Computer Articles > Computer Science Topics
Computer Science Resource Page
Computer science has been around for centuries and has progressed and developed into many different types of sources, applications, and languages. Blaise Pascal, Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz, and Charles Baggage were the three individuals that were responsible for today's modern day computing. Blaise Pascal built the first mechanical adding machine while Charles Baggage theorized that it's possible to build a calculator that could perform operations on their own. Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz created the binary system which is used in many of today's computer programs.
Computers from earlier times have changed dramatically. Today's computers allow us to take advantage of different types of programs and software which
allows us to have many different unique features within the computer. We're able to have access to many different designs, and create computer language that
takes technology to the next level. Even today, computer engineers are still looking for ways to advance computers' current language such as HTML, JAVA, ASP,
and even 3D scripting languages.
In today's world while one can now get a computer science degree and get educated online it doesn't defeat the purpose of practice. Taking the time to look learn the programming language and having some experience before taking classes can and will help in the long run.
Basics Of Computer Science
The links below will give you a better understanding how computer science began, as well as the program languages and societies that are working in the industry.
- Computer Science Timeline: History of computer science from 1939 to 1994.
- Programming Languages: A full list of programming languages listed in alphabetical order along with their definitions and meanings.
- Timeline of Computer Science: PDF file of the history of computer science from 4000 B.C. To 1996.
- Computer Simulation Techniques: PDF file all about computer simulation techniques. 185 pages worth of material.
- Resources for Theoretical Computer Science Research: list of links to more resources for theoretical computer science: analysis of algorithms, online news, and associations.
- Theoretical Computational Science: PDF file of the theoretical computer science cheat sheet for definitions and series.
- History of Computer Graphics: a history timeline of computer graphics from the 1950s to the 1990s.
- Computer Operating Systems: list of some of the most popular computer operating systems used today.
- Computational Science: learn more about what is computational science.
- Computational Complexity Theory: learn all about the computational complexity theory and view of diagram of recent studies.
- Computational Problems: learn about some of the most common computational problems to grid technology.
- Computational Problems and Methods: PDF file of 66 pages worth of material about computational problems, matrix methods, common functions requiring optimization, aspects of algorithms and much more.
- The C Programming Language: a history of the C programming language, its features, and areas of operations.
- C Programming: learn the many different functions of the C programming language.
- The History of Digital Computers: PDF file of 14 pages of the history of digital computers.
- Data Structures: list of links to obtain information about data structures, computer memory, linear data structures, and nonlinear data structures.
- Dictionary of Algorithms and Data Structures: a list of terms in alphabetical order that links to their definitions as they relate to computer science.
- Computer Architecture: PDF file all about what is computer architecture.
- The Elements of Computer Credibility: PDF file study of the the credibility and functions of the computer.
- Programming Methodology: learn what programming methodology is and how it relates to computer programs.
- Artificial Intelligence: learn the history of artificial intelligence, what it is and view a timeline of artificial intelligence from 5th century B.C. Up to today's current time.
- Quantum Computing: obtain a very detailed list of information about quantum computing, building a quantum computer, and learn about applications of quantum computers.
- The Computer Sciences Accreditation Board (CSAB): lead society in the programs such as computer science, software engineering, information technology, biological engineering, and computer engineering.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM): world's largest resource for computing that delivers many types of resources in the science industry.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE): world's leading professional organization for the advancement of the current technology.
- Association for Information Systems (AIS): organization that is responsible for the development of information systems.
PC Bargain Hunter reviews Cheap Computers from Dell, HP, Acer, and other companies, and we provide information on a variety of computer-related topics.